2.8
Insurance Quality

Bought my Dodge 2500 Diesel on July 17th.Drove it to San Clemente on July 22nd towing my 7300lb.

Trailer. Got to the camp site and the warning "Exhaust System Service Required contact Dealer" came up on the dash. Called the dealer said to drop off the truck which I did on Saturday the 22nd around 1:00PM. I didn't hear back from the dealer until Tuesday and the words he used were "Catastrophic Failure of the turbo charger".

Which he sent a photo and he was correct. It could have been worse I got to the campsite and got everything set up before I took the truck. I called Chrysler and filed a claim which they gave me a claim number. Everyday I have been waiting to hear something.

I had my campsite reserved 6 months in advance as well as the people who are supposed to be after me. The campsite has been amazing they heard my story and have accommodated me by letting me stay in the site until my truck is repaired and moved the people that were supposed to be in my site to an emergency site. I was supposed to be out on the 29th. I have had to pay $65 every morning while my truck is being repaired.

The dealer notified me last night that the turbo had arrived and they would start repairs this morning (which they have). I spoke with the dealer and was told that they are trying to flush the Intercooler however they may need to order that part as well. I called Chrysler yesterday and left a message for my assigned Rep with the voice mail saying he would call me back within 24 hours. Well called him again this morning and had to get transferred to someone else that finally got him on the line.

I asked him what was he going to do to help me get this resolved. I was not going to stay another day. I have a brand new truck I haven't made a payment on and haven't had for the past 11 days. It is costing me real money that is not any fault of mine.

I asked for a truck to replace my truck until its finished. He said he would call me back today and I am waiting. On top of this I have had to fly my wife back to our home so she can go to work and I am supposed to leave for the second week of my vacation on Friday to Montana. Did I mention I was on vacation this while time trying to figure out what is going on and how I was going to get my trailer home.

The dealer seems to be doing all they can however Chrysler seems to be dragging their feet and will not commit to anything other than fixing the faulty truck I purchased from them.Stay tuned because this isn't over.

Review about: 2017 Dodge Laramie 2500 Pickup Truck.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Dodge?

Comments

A brand new truck ?Ka-boom already ?

The nice new one you planned to take on your long-planned vacation ?

Yikes, I feel terrible for you ; what a hassle.

Of course now you'll never trust that truck 100% no matter how they repair it.

I was a Mopar buyer/lease from 1966-2003 . Then they pulled the dirtiest maneuver in the history of auto leasing which I was compelled to hire an attorney to rectify.

Trouble is, they just don't care when they lose a customer for life.

You probably can't squeeze much out of that lemon except repairs.They won't even consider any of your incidental expenses.